15 May 2013

Colour Blocking With Essie.

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. 

Today I have a colour blocking mani with my new Essie polishes to show you. I have been using these polishes way too much lately, I love them! They are the perfect spring/summer colours and the formulas are all great, so I just had to use them all together in one design.


Click below for more.

For this mani I started with a base of Barry M - Matte White and let that dry completely. I then added the striping tape at random angles.


Once I had done this I carefully filled in the gaps using a thin nail art brush - being careful not to go over the lines and mix the colours. I removed the striping tape whilst the polish was still wet. Then I topped it off with a topcoat, simples :).


Like I said earlier, all three of these colours are by Essie. The purple is called Under-Where?, the green is First Timer and the blue is In The Cab-ana. Aren't they pretty?!

I was very happy with how this mani turned out. It was very fiddly and time consuming working with the striping tape but I think it was worth the effort in the end. 

Have you tried Essie polishes? Which are your favourites?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com