28 October 2013

Concrete and Flowers.

Hello everyone, I hope we are all okay. It was my first day back at work today after my 2 weeks off, so its back to reality for me now :( lol.

Today I have some nails to show you which was inspired by this picture. As soon as I saw this I knew I needed it on my nails, I really liked the contrast between the hard, grey concrete and the soft, pink flower. I didn't replicate it exactly (since when do I ever do that? Its way too hard lol) I more used the colours and idea as inspiration.


I used a base of Rimmel - Little Bo Peep.


I sponged on Sally Hansen - Ion and a bit of Barry M - Grey, but I mixed the Barry M with white as it is quite a dark grey.


I then added a few blobs of Barry M - Grey (this time not mixed with white) and an unnamed white Color Club using a nail art brush.


For the flowers I used Essie - Splash of Grenadine, Mac - Heroine, Barry M - Dragonfruit and more white. I freehanded these with a detail brush.


I also added a matte topcoat after a little while, I think I prefer it matte.

I really enjoyed wearing this design, I was pleased with how the flowers came out in particular.

What do you think? Do you prefer matte or shiny?

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, these nails are gorgeous! love the colours and the design! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I must admit I liked these ones too!

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com