12 October 2013

OPI Pink Of Hearts Nail Art

Hello everyone. It's the weekend and I am going on holiday in a few days, this makes me very happy :).

I bought the OPI - Pink Of Hearts 2013 set a little while ago, and since October is breast cancer awareness month, I figured what better time to try it out. I set out with the intention of this being a fully fledged breast cancer awareness themed manicure, with the little ribbons and stuff. But that kinda went out the window whilst I was doing it and I ended up with something else lol. Does that ever happen to anyone else?


The Pink Of Hearts set consists of a pink creme (Pinking Of You) and a matte glitter (More Than A Glimmer), I wasn't blown away by this set. Pinking Of You was nice, but nothing special. More Than A Glimmer just wasn't my kind of thing unfortunately, but I know a lot of people love it. I don't regret purchasing it though as it is for a good cause.


For my nail art I started with a base of Pinking Of You on my thumb, index and middle fingers. On my ring finger I used 3 coats of More Than A Glimmer.


On my thumb I added some pink and purple studs, secured using topcoat. 


On my index and middle fingers I added the lines with China Glaze - Fancy Pants and Barry M - Raspberry. For the dots I used Essie - Splash Of Grenadine.


On my little finger I did a gradient using the same 3 polishes.

I can't say I loved how these came out, I started them quite late in the evening and I feel I ended up rushing them in the end cos I needed to go to sleep. Nail art and rushing are not the best of combinations!

Has anyone else purchased this set? What did you think?

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com