1 October 2013

Watercolour Nails

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

Today I have some watercolour nails to show you. I saw a tutorial by Spektor's Nails recently and I decided I needed to try it out myself. I was very pleased with the outcome and it was so easy! I was having lighting issues with my photos so they are a bit yellowy and dark :( so apologies for that. But you can still get the idea of what they looked like.


For these I painted my nails with a white base.


Once the base was dry I blobbed on a thick layer of white leaving a few gaps. In the gaps I added blobs of Sally Hansen - Fairy Teal.


To get the water colour effect I pressed a square of sandwich bag on top of the wet polish which mixed all the colours together (if that makes any sense).


To finish I cleaned up around the edges and added a top coat. If my explanation made no sense check out Spektor's Nails' post as she has a video on there (link at the top of the post).


I tried it on the other hand with pink! (Barry M - Dragonfruit). This photo was taken on my phone, for some reason the lighting looked a lot better.

I really did love these, they were so much easier than I expected.

Have any of you tried this technique? How did you find it?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I love it with the teal color, it looks almost like a ghost or something! This technique is going on my must-try list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Yes I reckon with different colours this could be a good halloween mani if you don't want something too in your face.

      Delete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com