24 October 2013

Waterspotted Sea Shells

Hello everyone. I'm back from my holiday now, I got back the early hours of Wednesday morning. It was lovely to have a week away but it went way too fast!

Today I have a rather unseasonal design to show you, I did this a few days before I went on holiday so I was feeling a bit summery. I had also recently bought some seashell studs from She Sells Seashells and was dying to use them. 


I started with a white base and then added a coat of piCture pOlish - Majesty over this. This gave it a nice subtle little shimmer, but it doesn't really come across in my photos too well.


I then did the waterspotting technique using Sally Hansen - Fairy Teal. This took me quite a few goes to get right, but I got there in the end! I think most people do it using a spray but I used this technique here. 


I then added the studs on with my topcoat, however as my nails are very curved they didn't sit flat so didn't last very long. In future if I wanted to keep them on for more than a day I would use nail glue. But these still might be my favourite studs ever, soo pretty!


This design came out completely different to how I imagined it in my head, I think my waterspotting skills may just need a bit of refining. But still it's not too bad for a first attempt. It definitely reminds me of the sea though which is what I was going for.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com