15 April 2014

April Tri Polish Challenge - Pink, Blue and Yellow.

Hello my lovelies. I hope everyone is well. I have felt very sleepy all day today, I think it might be time for an afternoon nap!

Tuesday means Tri Polish Challenge and I have this week's design to show you. April's colours are yellow, pink and blue.. I am loving this colour combo!


To see my design click below.



I have been wanting to try out this butterfly design for ages, I have no idea who originally came up with this idea but I used a tutorial by Nail Art 101 for this.


I started off by doing my gradient using my three Tri Polish colours. These are OPI - Ladies And Magenta-Men (this looked kinda orange in the end but it is a bright pink, honest!), Nicole by OPI - Hit The Lights and Nail Pop - It's Mint. 


Over my gradient I used a detail brush to paint the wing pattern using W7 - Black.


On the black near the tips I added my dots using Sinful Colors - Snow Me White.


I was so happy with these, the bright colours just put me in a good mood! I want to do a pink and purple one now :).

Have you tried this design before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. This is simply lovely, great job I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I'd never suspected it was freehanded - great work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com