10 April 2014

Autism Awareness Jigsaw Nails

Good afternoon my lovelies. One more day until the weekend, we are getting there!

Today I am going to show you the manicure I did in honour of Autism Awareness month. I don't actually know anyone with autism so this isn't a subject I am very knowledgeable on, but I know it is a very good cause and I'd like to do my bit to help raise some awareness. If you want to find out more about autism you can do so here.


For full details on this manicure read on after the jump.

The colour for autism awareness is blue and the logo is a jigsaw so that is what I went with for my manicure. I know other people have done similar manicures before but I am not sure who originally came up with the design.


I started by painting all my nails with Barielle - Swizzle Stix.


I divided my nails into quarters and filled a quarter of each nail with Rimmel - Blue Eyed Girl and OPI - Tiffany Case.


I used a dotting tool to add the dot to make it look like a puzzle (I don't know what that bit is called lol).


Finally I outlined between the colours in white.

I was pleased with the outcome of these, I love blue anyway and I think having the textured polish made it look a bit more interesting. Plus its for a great cause :).

What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com