5 April 2014

Copycat Saturday - Blue Colour Block.

Good morning my lovelies. I hope you all have wonderful weekends planned. I am currently feeling the effects of a few too many cocktails last night, so I'm not sure today is going to be very productive!

Today I have this week's Copycat Saturday to show you, this week I was inspired by this blue beauty by The Polished Perfectionist. This girl's nails are so perfect but she doesn't seem to be posting any more which is a shame. I really loved this design and I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to recreate it.


For more details read on after the jump.




I started with a base of Nails Inc - Baker Street.



I let this dry completely and then placed striping tape on my nail in a cross shape.



I filled in the gaps using OPI - This Gown Needs A Crown and Sinful Colors - Hottie and removed my striping tape straight after. Finally I added a stud in the centre using topcoat.



I was pretty pleased with these overall, the only thing I would like is a darker blue glitter.. but I couldn't find one in my stash that I thought would work. I haven't used striping tape much lately, but I need to use it more as the effects you can get with it are great.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com