21 April 2014

Pick A Polish: Barry M - Blue Moon

Hi loves. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and are enjoying the rest of the bank holiday weekend. I had a day out in London yesterday which was fun and I think I'm going to be having a bit of a lazy day today to recharge my batteries before work tomorrow.

So today I shall be showing you this week's Pick A Polish and this week it is Barry M - Blue Moon which I have been playing with. I used to use this one quite a lot (its quite hard to see in the photo but the bottle is actually half empty), but I haven't used it in a while so it was good to revisit an oldie.


For full details on this polish read on after the jump.



Blue Moon is a pale blue creme polish, it does have a tiny bit of shimmer visible in the bottle but you cannot see this on the nail. This polish has a nice consistency but it is quite sheer and streaky so application isn't brilliant, but you can get a good finish with some effort. My swatch shows 3 - 4 coats without topcoat (I needed an extra coat on some nails because of streaking).


My mum recently came back from a holiday and she brought me back OPI - Polka.com as a present which I was very excited to use, so I went for a glitter gradient.


Over Blue Moon I used a make up sponge to sponge on Polka.com.


I say this every time I do a glitter gradient.. but they are so pretty and so easy to do! 


So despite being a pretty colour I'm not totally in love with the formula of Blue Moon, that is probably the reason I haven't used it in so long. I am loving Polka.com however and I think these two polishes go together very well :).

Let me know what you think in the comments ladies.

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com