28 April 2014

Pick A Polish: Leighton Denny - Forbidden Territory

Hello my lacquered lovelies. Happy Monday! 

So to brighten up your Monday I am here with this week's Pick A Polish. This week I will be showing you Leighton Denny - Forbidden Territory. This is another polish I have never used, I'm not sure why I bought it really as it's really not a colour I would normally wear.


To see what I came up with read on after the jump.


Forbidden Territory is a deep reddish brown shimmery polish. I actually liked this colour on the nail a lot more than I thought I would, I think it works quite well with my skin tone which I didn't expect. I had no issues with the formula, it was opaque in two easy coats. This is without topcoat, it dries to a lovely high shine.

Now for my nail art :).


I was really struggling with what to do for my nail art, but when my Mum saw this colour she said it reminded her of chocolate.. so I decided to try and create a mini chocolate accent nail.


I freehanded the whole design. For the chocolate I used China Glaze - Ingrid, Models Own - Nude Beige and Forbidden Territory (obviously).


For the wrapper I used OPI - Vant To Bite My Neck?, Models Own - Lilac Sheen and an unnamed W7 Silver.


I wasn't completely satisfied with these, I'm not sure it looks exactly like a bar of chocolate. I'm not sure I picked the easiest design to try! I was surprised how much I liked this polish, I really didn't expect to like the colour at all. 

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com