10 May 2014

Tara's Talons Swatches

Hi my loves. Happy Saturday! My foot isn't as good as it was yesterday so I am going to spend this weekend at home resting :( I reckon a lot of nail painting will be involved.

Today I have some recent purchases of mine from Tara's Talons. Tara's Talons is one of the more established UK indie brands, but this is the first I have tried from this brand. But I am glad I finally got round to trying some. 


To see my swatches read on after the jump.

I did these swatches before I broke my nail.. so sorry for the inconsistency in nail length this week!

First up is Cherry Blossom.


Cherry Blossom is a pale pink base with white, gold and copper glitters. This is two coats with topcoat, the topcoat was needed to smooth the glitters out. The formula was pretty good, not the smoothest polish I own but since it's packed full of glitters it was never going to be. I really love the soft feel to this polish, it made me feel very feminine and pretty. It is definitely reminiscent of cherry blossom in my opinion.


Next is Grapelicious.


Grapelicious is a soft purple shade with subtle blue shimmer. This was pretty sheer on the first coat but was actually opaque in two, which was a pleasant surprise as I thought it was going to take more coats. This one had the best formula of the three, very smooth and easy to apply. It does dry a little bit matte so I used topcoat for this swatch. I feel this is a really unique shade, I love it :).


My final purchase was NYE.


NYE is a bright, shimmery aqua base with green and white glitters and a smattering of blue micro glitter. This one was quite sheer, but built up well in three coats. Like Cherry Blossom it did need topcoat to smooth it out. Application was also similar to Cherry Blossom, a few lumps and bumps due to the glitter but still very manageable. I think this colour is stunning.


I was impressed with all three of these polishes, I will definitely be trying more Tara's Talons in the future. She has a really great range in her shop so there is something for everyone. I think my favourite has to be Cherry Blossom out of these three. 

Which one do you like the most? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

I love to read all your comments and appreciate every single one of them, however please do not leave links in the comments, they will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog please email me at vickylovesnails@gmail.com